I got this recipe from Jenn over at First Comes Love. I saw these and just had to try them.
Bite Size Apple Pie
Here is the recipe she posted:
1 can of refrigerator biscuits (10 count)
1 apple (they called for Granny Smith but I used Fuji) peeled & finely chopped
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
2.5 Tablespoons butter
**additional 1/4 cup raisins- if desired (I didn't desire them!)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Spray muffin cups with cooking spray
3. Using a rolling pin, flatten each biscuit into a 3-4 inch circle
4. Combine apples with any other fruit (I only used apples but this is where you'd add cranberries, raisins, etc)
5. Add sugar, cinnamon, & nutmeg
6. Place 1 tablespoon of mixture onto each biscuit
7. Dot each with a small pat of butter
8. Bring up the sides of the biscuit to enclose the filling. Pinch & twist the top to seal.
9. Place in greased baking cups
10. Bake for 13 minutes or until golden brown
Never in my life have I had a scone before. I never really had a desire to have one until I saw that Jennifer over at The Francis Family had them back in January. I just had to make them for myself and try them out. I feel in love with them. My husband on the other hand wasn't very thrilled with them.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. With a pastry blender or a large fork, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the chocolate chips. Mix in the orange juice to form a dough.
Turn out the dough on a floured surface. Pat or roll into a 9 inch circle about 1/2 inch thick. With a 2 1/2 inch fluted biscuit cutter, cut out 12 scones, pushing the dough scraps together for the last few, if necessary. Transfer the scones to the baking sheet.
Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Move to wire racks to cool.
Hey! Thanks for stopping by All Adrienne. I am Adrienne and I’m married to David. We have a precious little girl, Aubriella who was born on October 2. I work full time as a cosmetologist, and part time at Dunkin Donuts. I am also a part time college student, and a weekend race car pit crew member. I enjoy cooking, baking, cleaning, watching tv, reading, shopping, blogging … I’m loving life and the path I am going down.