CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 15, 2010

Chocolate Chip Scones

Never in my life have I had a scone before. I never really had a desire to have one until I saw that Jennifer over at The Francis Family had them back in January. I just had to make them for myself and try them out. I feel in love with them. My husband on the other hand wasn't very thrilled with them.

Ingredients


1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

1/3 cup white sugar

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 stick unsalted butter, chilled and cubed

1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1/2 cup orange juice





Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. With a pastry blender or a large fork, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the chocolate chips. Mix in the orange juice to form a dough.

Turn out the dough on a floured surface. Pat or roll into a 9 inch circle about 1/2 inch thick. With a 2 1/2 inch fluted biscuit cutter, cut out 12 scones, pushing the dough scraps together for the last few, if necessary. Transfer the scones to the baking sheet.

Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Move to wire racks to cool.

1 comment:

  1. these look wonderful!!! Thanks for stopping by my place from the party so I could find your blog :)

    I collect frogs too :)

    ReplyDelete