I got this recipe from one of my online friends. It is amazing, so filling, and good for you. If you're on Weight Watchers 1 cup is 3 points. I love using my slow cooker and dinner being ready when I get home.
Laura's Chicken Taco Soup
1 lb boneless chicken breast
1 package of Ranch powder salad dressing
1 package of taco seasoning
1 can of black beans (do not drain or rinse)
1 can of chili beans (do not drain or rinse)
1 14oz can of diced tomatos
1 can of corn
- Place chicken breast on bottom of crock pot
- Add rest of ingredients in order listed. Do not drain, rinse or mix anything.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Take chicken out and shred it.
- Mix chicken back into the soup.
- Cook for another 20 minutes.
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Thursday, December 17, 2009
This is a quick and easy recipe. It can be used as a dip and served with tortilla chips or served over hot dogs. This is my husbands go to recipe with hot dogs when I tell him to make something for dinner and he has no idea what to make.
1 can of beanless chili
8 oz of valveetta cheese
- In a sauce pan heat up beanless chili.
- Once chili is hot add chunks of valvetta cheese.
- Stir frequently to blend cheese and chili together.
* You can use more or less cheese depending on how cheesey you want it.
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Chicken Noodle CasseroleIngredients:
4 stalks chopped celery
12 small chopped carrots
2lbs chopped cooked chicken
1 Tbsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp season salt
4 Tbsp minced onion
1 tsp parsley
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pkg cooked noodles
1 pkg crackers
1/2 stick melted butter
- preheat oven to 350 degree's
- combine the first set of ingredients in a caking dish.
- crumble the crackers on top.
- pour melted butter over crackers.
- bake for 30 minutes
*this I can up with myself. just tried something different and added ingredients as I went.
2 pounds hamberger meat
4 palm fulls of Italian bread crumbs
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp minced onion
2 tsp season salt
2 tsp parsley
1 bag of croutons
shredded mozzeralla cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine hamberger, bread crumbs, garlic powder, minced onion, season salt, parsley and croutons in a large bowl.
- Place in baking pan.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Served with mash potatoes, gravy and corn.
*a mix between my mothers and mother in laws meatloaf
Taco DipVery quick, easy, and delicious Taco Dip. It is my new go to when asked to bring covered dish. You don't have to worry about keeping it warm, or cold. (well keep it in the fridge before going to the party) I also like to buy a medium size foil pan to make it in so I don't have to worry about getting a pan back.
2 pkgs of cream cheese
1 16 oz jar of Oretego taco sauce (it is a liquid)
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Combine softened cream cheese and taco sauce. Mix until well blended. (I use a blender but you can also mix by hand.)
- Pour into desired dish.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
*got recipe from my girlfriend at work
3 cups shredded zucchini (2 to 3 medium)
1 2/3 cups sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose or whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts
1/2 cup raisins, if desired
1. Move oven rack to low position so that tops of pans will be in center of oven. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottoms only of 2 (8x4-inch) loaf pans or 1 (9x5-inch) loaf pan with shortening or cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, stir zucchini, sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs until well mixed. Stir in remaining ingredients except nuts and raisins. Stir in nuts and raisins. Divide batter evenly between 8-inch pans or pour into 9-inch pan.
3. Bake 8-inch loaves 50 to 60 minutes, 9-inch loaf 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on cooling rack 10 minutes.
4. Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans and place top side up on cooling rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.
* from Betty Crocker.com
1 package of biscuits
1 pound sausage
1 stick of butter
4 cups milk
6 tablespoons flour
- Bake biscuits according to directions.
- Brown sausage in a frying pan, break up sausage in small pieces.
- Melt butter.
- Add flour to thicken.
- Add in milk.
- Stir all together.
* got recipe from my mother